31 July, 2009

Arms Away


Right now, I could use a few more arms! I jumped back into helping paint my Buddhist temple, and being fairly large...I am wiped out. I am always amazed that I can keep this up with jet lag and a brain injury. But I can see light at the end of this...and time to conjure up some new posts.

One thing I noticed while traveling is that I saw people engrossed in their IPhone and Google Maps. Sure, they might have the most direct route, but getting lost is one of the the great experiences in life. It often leads me to new favorite places that are not pre-planned. At least allowing me to live in the moment with all its smells, sights and wonders. Instead of peering at a small screen with head down, while your mom with a map says, "Are you sure that's where it is?"

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin