18 December, 2007

Blowing Off Steam


I have been noticing that I am feeling uneasy. That is uneasy not depressed. It is not affecting my sleep, eating or exercise. I've been seeking small pleasures to avoid seeing the real hopelessness I sometimes feel about my life. This can be brought about by not enough work, or unable to see my partner more. When I see myself craving a little piece of dark chocolate or a cup of good coffee, it is a sign. I am almost unable to do anything, perhaps paralyzed by the fear of not knowing. Sure, I can exercise, see friends and maintain obligations and order. So really, what I am experiencing can’t be witnessed by those around me. Which is fine, my experiences are just that… mine. I will say I am fairly confident that are not unique to me. Meanwhile, I am nursing a knee injury that keeps from running, but not swimming or yoga. I should turn this whole experience I am feeling to use as an exercise in dying. Like the dying of knee or my vision with age, is a small taste. There is more where that came from. We all die, and the sooner we realize this we can focus on the present. So we enjoy relaxing with death. I still can laugh, see the beauty of life, people, and kindness. I heard of a great story of a lay minister helping immigrants in Tulsa unslaved, which prompted me to write a thank you to him. So with the uneasiness, I can still see things as they really are. All of which will be explored when I do the 10 day meditation.

1 comment:

Teo Litto said...

Uneasiness. Often in myself it arrives as a result of a lack of a sense of purpose, a felt absence of direction that confounds vision and causes feet to feel as if they've somehow slipped off their correct path. In myself, I find this is often a symptom of not knowing what it is I truly seek, what path I truly wish to follow.
Perhaps you will find this as well.
Your upcoming time of intensive meditation may be a boon to you, or it may be a time of great discomfort.
I can only offer you these two words, which have often guided my feet back to their rightful place.

Augen auf my friend, augen auf. And good luck.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin