11 August, 2012

Rushing into Being

I know when I start to spin on all I need to do, and I get less and less efficient. It is time to get back into my body. So, when a friend agreed to go to the country for a drive I suggested the night before, I leap at it the opportunity, dropping everything for the day. I immediately felt relief with this distraction to breathe some more space into life. I really needed to sit with myself in nature as opposed to in my house, which will soon not be, and just see what was coming up. I know deep down one never gets it all done, and I am kind of waiting for that big sign that this is it and I can finally just rock with it. We drove to an area not far from us, but one he had never been to. I could experience his relief upon seeing beauty that he forgot was out there when one gets so trapped in their thoughts. We drove for quite a while to an unused park in the middle of nowhere and I just settled in for an hour of meditation and silence, knowing that a nap would just be escapist. With birds and a rabbit around, and a warm wind blowing to cool the psyche it was easy to sit with myself. I laughed, because the area which I have liked for years, now seems like it wants me here and now my mind wants to figure out how to have a piece of it.
Find some stability in a world and life that never has any. Sensual pleasures do have their hook, but it is about avoiding what is currently present in the mind. After my hour meditation I talked with my friend about the fact that whenever I get so involved in life, spinning and being busy the more I lean towards meditation and the wisdom that comes from it. It is not the answer, I am the answer.

3 comments:

Jeff Chandler said...

That's beautiful! It is so important to get away and reconnect with yourself. Life seems so hectic sometimes, it's easy to get lost in it. Thanks for the reminder my friend. It's something I would like to do soon.

Was Once said...

Even driving away seems foolish, but you have to do what it takes to learn to breathe deeply and experience our precious human life.

spldbch said...

Thank you for this post. I'm doing the whole spinning thing right now. I'm planning a little getaway for the weekend; we all need to get off the hamster wheel from time to time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin