26 June, 2007

Sunny heart


From an interesting, sunny weekend, that Saturday brought me downtown to do free outdoor yoga in the sun. I went to support my yoga teacher, and brought a friend along to watch and join me for lunch afterward. Of course, my being fit and the role it played in my survival and recovery does not light a fire under people. At other times, it has been mentioned by some people I talk with, that it might make a good career for me to inspire others to be fit. But I would rather inspire people intellectually by prompting them to find out what it is just inside of them. Back to yoga, which was hard to do in the sun looking up while practicing hard pavement, but I still did it. I would rather die trying, than be at home in bed feeling sorry for myself. Then on to enjoy a nice lunch with my friend that I felt was earned. Because we were downtown, I wanted to show him what had changed since he had recently returned from leaving here in the early 90’s. We saw new outdoor sculptures, and new well done renovated and rehabbed buildings. We walked around along the waterfront past the Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen’s “Cupid’s Span” and through downtown. It was kind of dual purpose, making me fall in love with the city again, too.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin