12 August, 2007

Road of Life


The road of life is beautiful but filled with many hazards. One of which can be the relationships with friends and others. We can make a mistake whether it was intentional or not and still pay the price regardless. So meeting for my latest job now this afternoon, I was aware of everything I did and said. Making my client comfortable with who I am and how I got here. Without this they can't imagine an accomplished disabled person. This helps tremendously because it gives them a sense of the hard road I traveled, and makes them feel included it what would normally be a secret. Believe it or not explaining this makes them relax, because the unasked questions are answered. I have noticed that they feel more like family when included, and less like looking at a car wreck on the side of the road!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin